I am in utter shock and disbelief that Johnathan and Aaron from husbandandhusband.net saw fit to nominate me for the versatile blogger award. When I started blogging I never expected to have anyone read my writing, and I especially never thought anyone would like it enough to follow me! But, I am so glad that the two of them did, and I can’t thank them enough! 🙂
So, 7 things you for sure don’t know about me…
1. I am obsessed with horror movies. The Halloween movies particularly. Halloween 4 literally is my life. I’ve probably seen it over 200 times.
2. I am a percussionist. I can play basically anything I can get my hands on. Give me a day or two with an instrument of your choice and I’ll teach myself how to play. My mom is a drummer, and she taught me well. My whole family makes up a gospel band.
3. I went to college for basketball originally, but didn’t end up playing because I worked and paid my way through school.
4. I am from one of the smallest towns in Texas, where my grandad is the mayor and my mom is a teacher.
5. I have a super thick country accent. When I’m not in teaching/coaching clothes, I’m usually wearing my cowboy boots.
6. My girlfriend and I met at college, she played softball with my roommates and dated one of my best friends at the time……soooooo awkward.
7. I have 8 tattoos. All classy I might add.
I was told to nominate 15 bloggers, but I don’t think I even follow 15 people yet, that’s how new I am. *insert pouting face* I hope that’s okay! I’ll go ahead and put my nominations on the board, even though it is short of 15.
Drum roll please……
The piece that really drew me in was “whispers & shouts”. There was something about that post that was insanely vulnerable. I loved the simplicity, yet depth of this.
If you’re looking to go on a journey vicariously through someone else, this is your guy! Wonderful writing, great adventure, fun times!
I’m pretty addicted to poetry, and this writer is wonderful. I actually really love that titles of all of the poems, are dates. It’s a different, yet beautiful, raw kind of writing.
From one teacher to another, I really enjoy this blog. She drew me in with “Reflections from the Pause Button.” Check her out, you won’t be disappointed.
I love her post “Taking Chances as a Writer”! First line “Writing is like being naked” and I was hooked. I actually started reading the first chapter of her book online and thoroughly enjoyed it!